Pollock's Toy Museum is a museum and small toy shop housed in two original historic buildings in London's Fitzrovia.
It is a collection of mainly Victorian toys. On display in six small, rather creepy rooms and two winding staircases are dolls, teddy bears, tin toys, folk toys, toys from around the world, dolls houses, puppet's, toy theatre's, optical toys, toy soldiers and more besides.
Pollock's was originally a shop and printers, dating back to the 1850's, based in Hoxton, then a poor quarter of London. Benjamin Pollock's hand printed, constructed and coloured much of the toy theatre material housed in the museum today.
The museum was created and the shop stock re-designed during the 1950's and 60's by Marguerite Fawdry It came to it's current location in the late 1960's where it has remained.